Here the weekend came as I made it for my friends as we used to make something different on every fridays!!! I tried as Baking version of samosas.It tasted so good and it is healthy one than deep fried version.They are so happy and had it
Thanks a lots Priya
Here goes the recipe
Recipe source: Baked Samosa
For Potato Masala Stuffings:
- 3 Medium potatoes Boiled,peeled off the skin and mashed.
- 1 Large red onion finely chopped
- 5 to 6 green chillies finely chopped.
- 1/4 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp mustard seeds
- A spring of curry leaves finely chopped
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1/4 Tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- In a wide pan,add the oil on medium flame, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter,add jeera,curry leaves and cook for few seconds and add ginger garlic paste.
- Let it cook for few minutes till the raw smell goes. Add onions and let it fry till it turn light brown in color
- Add green chillies, chilli powder,garam masala and add mashed potatoes.
- mix well and cook it for about few minutes till the potato is well coated with spices.
- garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Keep aside and allow it to warm
For Samosa dough
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1/3 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Tsp Ajwain seeds
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients as given as above for samosa dough except water. Mix well until it is well combined. add water little by little to for m a firm dough. Keep aside for 30 minutes and cover it with wet kitchen towel
- Divide the dough in to 4 balls.Each ball roll it and make into a circle.Once it is formed as circle,take a knife and cut in to halves (semi circle)
- Place the semi circle on your fingers hand. place the water at the ends with the help of a finger.
- Make it into a cone (triangle shaped) and pinch towards the end of the top triangle.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the filling into it and press it gently.
- Place the water towards the end of the dough side to seal it
- Make into samosa shape.
- Place the samosa shaped sitting on the baking sheet.
- Brush it with oil or butter(melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C..
- Repeat the same till the dough gets over.
- Allow it to bake for about 12 to 15 mins or until the edges on the sides and top and bottom gets light brown in color.
- Allow to serve warm or hot and dip it with your favorite tomato ketchup or tamarind chutney.