Monday, April 29, 2013

Carrot Pickle for Potluck!

Hi Friends

During my blog anniversary I launched new event called potluck :) So will post cooking recipes.Here I had joined group called Potluck Series by Jagruti.

I had followed the recipe as she posted it for potluck event.I had made carrot and green chilli pickle with homemade achar masala.





Recipe Adapted from jagruti's page

Here are the ingredients as follows

Ingredients:

For Making Achar Masala

I had used half of the measurements


  • 1/4 cup Fenugreek seeds
  • 1/4 cup Red Chilli powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
  • 1/4 Tsp Hing
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Red Chillies(Optional)
For Making the Carrot pickle:

  • 3 to 4 Medium Carrots(Peeled,washed and grated)
  • 7 -8 Chopped Green Chillies.
  • 3-4 Tblspoons of Achar Masala
  • 1 Tbsp Oil(I used Olive oil)


Method:

For Making the Achar Masala

  • Dry roast the fenugreek seeds in a medium saucepan and grind it coarsely.Keep aside
  • Take small saucepan,Add oil, mustard seeds,hing and red chillies. Let the mustard seeds pop out then switch off the heat and make sure it is warmed up.
  • Put the grounded fenugreek powder into the bowl,Add red chilli powder,turmeric powder and salt to it.
  • Mix well until it is well incorporated.
  • Add the warmed oil mixture to the fenugreek powder mixture.
  • Mix well as the oil with powders will be alike crumbly one.Transfer into the jar with close lid.

For making the Carrot Pickle

  • Add the grated carrots into a big bowl,Add the chopped green chillies to it.
  • Put Achar masala to it and mix well.
  • Add oil to it and make sure it is all mixed up.
  • Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
  • It is ready to serve along with any main dish or with roti/parathas.
  • Transfer the pickle into the air tight container preferably jar with closed lid.

Enjoy!!!

Happy Cooking

Linking this event to Jagruti's Event







2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com