Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Pure Eggless Tiramisu with eggless savoiardi biscuits

Hi Friends!!!

On April Month,Baknig Eggless was announced to make Tiramisu and I am so happy by hearing it.After visit to an Italian Restaurant named as Olive Garden, we had ordered Tiramisu and we want to taste it how will it be? We tasted  it and we just loved it.It was so drooling.I am waiting for the right time to make tiramisu and it came which is pure eggless one.It is very challenging to make everything as homemade ones.I am sure anybody can do it. I am so thankful to sowmya who suggested it and many thanks to Gayathri for selecting this recipe for April month

Tiramisu means "Pick me up" is an Italian dessert and is famous all over worldwide. Here I made homemade savoirdi biscuits which has no eggs and it tasted lovely and soaked well even though it is flat one and not exact like Ladysfinger savoiardi store bought biscuits. If you cant bake ladysfinger biscuits and it is fine you can use eggless sponge cake.

It reminds me the best own recipe of my mom who made normal biscuits and cream into many layers into the rectangle box and keep in fridge for about 2 days during summer holidays. It is best chilled to have it along with my brother as we used to call chilled biscuit cake alike frozen icecream biscuit :).I didn't know it was alike tiramisu after staying in the U.S. It is my mom's love for it :) We fought with  each other to get the last bit of the chilled dessert and my mom used to say crazy kids :) and the words came true and we were crazy for the sweet tooth desserts :) Lol. I shared with  my daughter about sweet memories of this recipe and she laughed and told again crazy mom :) HaHa :)

Here is my eggless tiramisu and it is really taste and while slicing it,it looks exact like beautiful layers of cheese and biscuits.



Ingredients:

For Making Savoiardi Biscuits adapted from here if you want egg otherwise go for eggless one as below. I have reduced to half of the measurements.


  • .2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1 Cup All purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup All purpose flour
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 cup coarsely ground almonds.
  • Powdered sugar for coating.

For Making Mascarpone Cheese:
I used  store bought cream as I didn't get time for it.You can try for homemade mascarpone cheese adapted from here.

For Making Tiramisu you will need.
  • Savoiardi biscuits
  • 1/2 cup Coffee Syrup( I had used Instant coffee with 1 Tsp of sugar and warm water)
  • 2 cups Mascarpone cheese.
  • 1 cup whipped cream
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting.

Method:



For Making Savoiardi :Wrap the aluminium foil on the baking sheet

  1. Beat the butter and sugar in a wide bowl by using hand mixer to get creamy.
  2. Sift the flour and add the ground almonds to it.
  3. Add vanilla extract to the butter mixture
  4. Add flour in 3 additions to get well incorporated.Transfer into the piping bag with open tip or tip 12 round tip.
  5. Make into finger shaped batter as seen in the picture.Bake it for about 30 to 35 minutes on 300 F or 170 C till it gets slightly brown in color.
  6. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat well until it is smooth,Add sugar to it.
  7. Allow it to cool on the cooling rack
  8. Dust the savoiardi fingers with powdered sugar.
  9. Add the whipped cream into mascarpone cheese sugar mixture in 3 additions and make sure not to over folding.Fold it gently.
  10. To assemble:keep the creamy mixture,coffee syrup and biscuits. Take any loaf pan or round pan or mini rectangle pan,place the fingers into the coffee syrup for a second and place it on the pan and repeat the process till you get completed.
  11. Arrange the biscuits well after soak it for 1 second.
  12. Once the biscuits is soaked well in coffee syrup and arrange it well.
  13. Place the creamy mixture over the biscuits evenly
  14. Repeat the biscuits soaked in coffee syrup and arrange it well.
  15. Apply the creamy mixture over it evenly.
  16. Allow to cover completely with a wrap and keep in the fridge for about 2 days or 3 days.before serving dust it on the top with cocoa powder
  17. You will see layers as I had arranged in 3 layers
  18. It is firm and well stabilized as u kept it in the fridge for about 3 days and it is the best to serve.
  19. Transfer to the serving plate and garnish it as you like.
  20. Slice it gently while being served.

Enjoy!!!

Happy Baking :)

Linking this entry to baking eggless 




Linking to Rafeeda's Event The big Sweet Tooth with food





12 comments:

  1. Looks mouthwatering and love the way you have arranged the layers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to have a slice... yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. so perfect and beautiful , pics are mind blowing ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks scrumptiously tasty dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggless tiramisu looks delicious Archana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiramisu looks fabulous Archana....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful. I am going to make your moms biscuit cake sorry chilled biscuit cake as soon as I clear the fridge! right now its stuffed with all kinds of juices and water. :)
    I am guest hosting Healthy Salads till the 31st May ‘2013. Do send me your entries

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com